Performs routine tasks on a fruit or nut farm such as cultivating and fertilising soil, and planting, irrigating and pruning crops. May spray chemicals on crops to treat disease and pests.
Fruit or Nut Pickers are excluded from this occupation. Fruit or Nut Pickers are included in Occupation 841212 Fruit or Nut Picker.
- Skill Level
- Orchard Worker
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8412 Crop Farm Workers
perform routine tasks in producing crops such as fruit, nuts, grains, vegetables and mushrooms.
- planting trees, seeds, seedlings, roots, bulbs, vines and other plants using hand tools and farm machines
- building trellises for climbing vegetables and vines
- operating farm machines to cultivate, fertilise, spray and harvest fruit, nuts, grains and vegetables
- spraying trees, vines and other plants with chemicals to control weed growth, insects, fungus growth and diseases
- thinning, weeding and hoeing row crops, and pruning trees and vines
- irrigating land for crop growth
- selecting and picking fruit, nuts, grains, vegetables and mushrooms according to size and ripeness, and discarding rotting and over-ripened produce
- grading, sorting, bunching and packing produce into containers
- loading filled fruit, nut, grain and vegetable containers onto trucks
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 841211 Fruit or Nut Farm Worker
- 841212 Fruit or Nut Picker
- 841213 Grain, Oilseed or Pasture Farm Worker (Aus) / Field Crop Farm Worker (NZ)
- 841214 Vegetable Farm Worker (Aus) / Market Garden Worker (NZ)
- 841215 Vegetable Picker
- 841216 Vineyard Worker
- 841217 Mushroom Picker
- 841299 Crop Farm Workers nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Fruit or Nut Farm Worker – ANZSCO 841211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!