Measures, cuts, finishes, fits and installs flat glass and mirrors.
- Skill Level
- Glass Beveller
- Glass Embosser
- Glass Etcher
- Glass Silverer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4982-11 Flat Glass Tradesperson
Group: 3331 Glaziers
measure, cut, finish, fit and install flat glass and mirrors.
- determining type and dimensions of glass required
- laying glass over patterns on padded tables and in jigs
- measuring and marking glass for cutting
- examining glass and marking defective areas
- cutting along patterns and templates
- breaking off sheets and excess glass with notched tools and glass pliers
- installing glass and mirrors in windows, skylights, display cases, interior walls and ceilings
- smoothing rough edges using belt sanders and smoothing wheels
- may coat, cut, etch, trim and treat glass to achieve special effects
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 333111 Glazier
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Glazier – ANZSCO 333111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!