Plays golf professionally in tournaments or as a resident professional, and organises golf-related activities. This occupation requires high levels of physical fitness, sporting ability and personal commitment as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4524 Sportspersons
participate in sporting events for monetary gain either as individuals or as members of a team.
- maintaining a high degree of expertise in a particular sport
- attending regular practice sessions and undertaking private training to maintain the required standard of fitness
- deciding on strategies in consultation with coaches
- assessing other competitors and conditions at venues
- competing in sporting events
- adhering to the rules and regulations associated with a specific sport
- promoting water safety awareness and undertaking rescue of persons in difficulty in the water
- undertaking sports promotional activities and television appearances
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Some occupations may require high levels of physical fitness, sporting ability and personal commitment as well as, or in place of, formal qualifications or experience.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 452411 Footballer
- 452412 Golfer
- 452413 Jockey
- 452414 Lifeguard
- 452499 Sportspersons nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Golfer – ANZSCO 452412?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!