Establishes and maintains fine turf, grassed areas and synthetic surfaces used for sporting events.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Turf Keeper
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4622-11 Greenkeeper
Group: 3623 Greenkeepers
establish and maintain fine turf, grassed areas and synthetic surfaces used for sporting events.
- preparing seedbeds for new turf
- establishing and maintaining turf by watering, over sowing or over seeding, and repairing green damage
- mowing, rolling and levelling turf
- pegging and marking out lines and logos, installing nets, posts and stumps, and placing other sports equipment on playing areas
- operating and maintaining hand and power driven equipment such as mowers, aerators, cultivators, corers and line marking equipment
- constructing cricket wickets, tennis courts, and bowling, croquet and golf greens
- replanting, repairing, aerating, fertilising and top dressing lawns
- installing and maintaining synthetic surfaces
- may maintain buildings, fences and surrounding gardens
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 362311 Greenkeeper
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Greenkeeper – ANZSCO 362311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!