Cuts, styles, colours, straightens and permanently waves hair, and treats hair and scalp conditions.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4931-01 Supervisor, Hairdressers
- 4931-11 Hairdresser
Group: 3911 Hairdressers
cut, style, colour, straighten and permanently wave hair, and treat hair and scalp conditions.
- providing advice on hair care, beauty products and hairstyles
- shampooing hair and conditioning scalps
- colouring, straightening and permanently waving hair with chemical solutions
- cutting hair with scissors, clippers and razors
- styling hair into dreadlocks and braids and adding hair extensions
- shaving and trimming beards and moustaches
- cleaning work areas and sanitising instruments
- arranging appointments and collecting payments
- may clean, colour, cut and style wigs and hairpieces
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 391111 Hairdresser
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Hairdresser – ANZSCO 391111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!