Assists in propagating, cultivating and harvesting plants in a horticultural nursery.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Nursery Hand (Horticulture)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8414 Garden and Nursery Labourers
perform a variety of routine tasks in propagating, cultivating and maintaining plants in gardens and horticultural nurseries.
- loading, unloading and moving garden supplies and equipment
- preparing garden sites and plots using hand tools and machines
- assisting with planting and transplanting flowers, shrubs, trees and lawns
- maintaining gardens by watering, weeding and mowing lawns
- cleaning gardens and removing rubbish
- assisting with propagating, planting and potting seeds, bulbs and cuttings
- tending plants by hand watering and weeding
- adjusting mist irrigation systems, shade and ventilation
- harvesting and packaging plants for sale and transport
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 841411 Garden Labourer
- 841412 Horticultural Nursery Assistant
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Horticultural Nursery Assistant – ANZSCO 841412?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!