Assists with the provision of care to patients in a hospital by ensuring wards are neat and tidy, lifting and turning patients and transporting them in wheelchairs or on movable beds, and providing direct care and support.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Patient Services Assistant
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4233 Nursing Support and Personal Care Workers
provide assistance, support and direct care to patients in a variety of health, welfare and community settings.
- assisting patients with their personal care needs such as showering, dressing and eating
- assisting patients with their mobility and communication needs
- participating in planning the care of individuals
- following therapy plans such as interventions to assist those with dementia and behavioural problems
- observing and reporting changes in patients’ condition, and reporting complaints about care
- assisting with rehabilitation exercises, basic treatment and delivering medications
- providing direct support and assistance to therapists
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. Note: some roles within this unit group are at ANZSCO Skill Level 3.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 423311 Hospital Orderly
- 423312 Nursing Support Worker
- 423313 Personal Care Assistant
- 423314 Therapy Aide
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Hospital Orderly – ANZSCO 423311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!