Organises and controls the operations of a hotel or motel to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Duty Manager (Hotel)
- Resort Manager
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position predominantly involves responsibility for low skilled tasks.
Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals.
Example 3: Truck driving.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3323-11 Hotel or Motel Manager
Group: 1413 Hotel and Motel Managers
organise and control the operations of hotels and motels to provide guest accommodation, meals and other services.
- directing and overseeing reservation, reception, room service and housekeeping activities
- supervising security arrangements, and garden and property maintenance
- planning and supervising bar, restaurant, function and conference activities
- observing liquor, gaming, and other laws and regulations
- assessing and reviewing customer satisfaction
- overseeing accounting and purchasing activities
- ensuring compliance with occupational health and safety regulations
- may provide guests with local tourism information, and arrange tours and transportation
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 141311 Hotel or Motel Manager
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Hotel or Motel Manager – ANZSCO 141311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!