Identifies and communicates with users to formulate and produce a requirements specification to create system and software solutions.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- BA (ICT)
- Business Consultant (ICT)
- Business Systems Analyst
- Blockchain Strategist – Provide guidelines for autonomous decision making within the organisation, and in the context of applying blockchain technologies. It is the disruptive nature of Blockchain technologies that requires the Blockchain Strategist to have specialist skills.Blockchain Strategists will generally have an Advanced Diploma of Applied Blockchain
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2231-13 Systems Designer
Group: 2611 ICT Business and Systems Analysts
work with users to formulate system requirements, develop system plans and documentation, review and evaluate existing systems, and design and modify systems to meet users’ business needs.
Non-ICT Business Analysts (for example, Management Consultants) are excluded from this unit group. Non-ICT Business Analysts are included in Unit Group 2247 Management and Organisation Analysts.
- working with users to formulate and document business requirements
- identifying, investigating, and analysing business processes, procedures and work practices
- identifying and evaluating inefficiencies and recommending optimal business practices, and system functionality and behaviour
- using project management methodologies, principles and techniques to develop project plans and to cost, resource and manage projects
- taking responsibility for deploying functional solutions, such as creating, adopting and implementing system test plans, which ensure acceptable quality and integrity of the system
- creating user and training documentation, and conducting formal training classes
- developing functional specifications for use by system developers
- using data and process modelling techniques to create clear system specifications for the design and development of system software
- acting as a central reference and information source, providing guidance and assistance in the system project decision making process
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 261111 ICT Business Analyst
- 261112 Systems Analyst
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of ICT Business Analyst – ANZSCO 261111?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!