Creates, maintains and manages technical quality assurance processes and procedures to assess efficiency, validity, value and functional performance of computer systems and environments, and audits systems to ensure compliance with, and adherence to, accredited internal and external industry quality standards and regulations. May supervise the work of ICT quality assurance teams.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Quality Analyst (ICT)
- Quality Manager (ICT)
- Quality Specialist (ICT)
- Computer Systems Auditor
- Systems Auditor (ICT)
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 2632 ICT Support and Test Engineers
develop procedures and strategies to support, create, maintain and manage technical quality assurance processes and guidelines and systems infrastructure, investigate, analyse and resolve system problems and performance issues, and test the behaviour, functionality and integrity of systems.
- scheduling and conducting quality audit inspections, and analysing and reviewing systems, data and documentation
- identifying variations and potential high risk areas in securing adherence to standards and procedures
- recommending corrective action plans and improvements in the resolution of non-compliance with standards detected through monitoring and auditing of processes and procedures
- communicating, educating and liaising with users and management to ensure awareness and adherence to standards, procedures and quality control issues and activities
- assisting in troubleshooting, diagnosing, testing and resolving system problems and issues
- developing, conducting and providing technical guidance and training in application software and operational procedures
- analysing, evaluating and diagnosing technical problems and issues such as installation, maintenance, repair, upgrade and configuration and troubleshooting of desktops, software, hardware, printers, Internet, email, databases, operating systems and security systems
- testing, identifying and diagnosing functionality errors and faults in systems, and programming code within established testing protocols, guidelines and quality standards to ensure systems perform to specification
- performing organisational systems architecture reviews and assessments, and recommending current and future hardware and software strategies and directions
- creating and reviewing technical documentation such as procedural, instructional and operational guides and manuals, technical reports and specifications and maintenance inventory systems
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience and/or relevant vendor certification may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 263211 ICT Quality Assurance Engineer
- 263212 ICT Support Engineer
- 263213 ICT Systems Test Engineer
- 263299 ICT Support and Test Engineers nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of ICT Quality Assurance Engineer – ANZSCO 263211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!