Being a native English speaker, I was extremely fortunate that I didn’t have to sit down and take a test to prove my English Speaking capabilities as part of my Australian migration process. For many others, however, this is not the case, and showing that you have competent English is often one of the greatest struggles.
Though there are now many English examination organisations that are recognised by the Australian Government, IELTS continues to be the most widely taken exam.
Introducing Our IELTS Preparation Videos
As part of our research for this series, it transpires that Youtube serves as an excellent source for IELTS related training material with many of the videos below filmed in such a way that they are extremely suitable for those looking for classroom-based training in the comfort of their own home!
For ease of navigation, we have categorised the videos to align with the primary IELTS examination categories, namely; Listening, Reading, Speaking and Writing.
We will continue to build on this video series; however if there are any specific areas, you would like us to focus on, please let us know in our comments section below, and we’ll look to assist where we can.
IELTS Listening Videos
The following IELTS listening videos will help you prepare for the IELTS Listening test and includes mini mock IELTS listening tests and tips for listening to different phrases and words.
- IELTS Listening for Plurals
- IELTS Listening Form Completion
- IELTS Listening Multiple Choice #E2Tasks with Alex
- IELTS Listening Practice for Time
- IELTS Listening Section 1: Time Test
- IELTS Listening Tips & Essential Information
- IELTS Listening Tips: Multiple Choice
- IELTS Listening Tips: Predicting Answers
- IELTS Listening: English Names
- IELTS Listening: Mini Mock Test 1 | MULTIPLE CHOICE and MATCHING!
- IELTS Listening: Problems with numbers
- Top 10 IELTS Listening tips and tricks | IELTS Listening Band 9 in 7 days
IELTS Reading Videos
The following IELTS Reading Videos will help you prepare for the IELTS Reading test and includes mini mock tests for reading, coverage of both the general and academic tests, sentence completion and other top tips to help you pass your IELTS reading test with ease.
- E2 IELTS Reading | Table Completion with Jay!
- E2 IELTS Reading: General and Academic | DIAGRAM LABEL with Jay!
- E2 IELTS Reading: General and Academic | FLOW CHART with Jay!
- E2 IELTS: Reading | Match Features | SUPER SKILLS with Jay!
- IELTS Reading – Super Skills 5!
- IELTS Reading – SUPER SKILLS!
- IELTS Reading – SUPER SKILLS!
- IELTS Reading Match Headings
- IELTS Reading Tips: True False Not Given
- IELTS Reading True, False, Not Given with Alex and Jay
- IELTS Reading | Sentence Completion with Jay!
- IELTS Reading | Short Answer Questions with Jay!
- IELTS Reading | SUPER METHODS #2 with Jay!
- IELTS Reading | SUPER METHODS #3 with Jay!
- IELTS Reading | TRUE / FALSE / NOT GIVEN with Jay!
- IELTS Reading: General and Academic | MATCHING INFORMATION with Jay!
- IELTS Reading: Multiple Choice | Super Skills with Jay!
- IELTS Reading: SUPER SKILLS
- IELTS: Reading | Match Headings with Jay!
IELTS Speaking Videos
The following IELTS Speaking Videos will help you prepare for the IELTS Speaking test and includes mini mock tests for IELTS speaking, tips on how to start your talk, how to greet the examiner and sample questions to help you pass your IELTS speaking test.
- How to improve your IELTS Speaking at Home
- IELTS Speaking – LIVE Master Class!
- IELTS Speaking Band 9 Sample Answer + Vocabulary
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 – Questions #E2Tasks with Jay & Alex
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 New Topics: Dictionaries
- IELTS Speaking Part 1 Topics
- IELTS Speaking Part 1: Common Questions
- IELTS speaking part 1: What's your favourite…?
- IELTS Speaking Part 2 – Questions #E2Tasks with Jay & Alex
- IELTS Speaking Part 2: How to start your talk
- IELTS Speaking Part 3: Urban vs Rural Life
- IELTS Speaking SAMPLE Band 8 | Three Task 2 Answers
- IELTS Speaking Test: Practice & Model Answers
- IELTS Speaking Tips: How to Get a 9!
- IELTS Speaking: FULL TEST SIMULATION with Jay! #2
- IELTS Speaking: Greeting the examiner
- IELTS Speaking: Pronunciation – The 44 Sounds Of English
- Practice IELTS Speaking Test: Number 2
- Recent IELTS Speaking Topics and Questions | Academic, General Training | 2018
IELTS Writing Videos
The following IELTS Writing Videos will help you prepare for the IELTS Writing test and includes mini mock tests for IELTS writing and tips for listening to different phrases and words. These videos also include tips on words to avoid using must know synonyms to help you smash your IELTS writing test
- IELTS Writing: Using the Official Answer Sheet
- IELTS Writing Task 2: Linking Words for the Conclusion
- IELTS Writing: How many words for your Essay?
- IELTS Writing Task 1: How to organise your writing
- Grammar for IELTS Writing Task 2: Adding a Clause
- IELTS Writing Task 1: Vocabulary for Accurate Data
- IELTS Writing Task 1: Conclusion or Overview
- IELTS Writing Task 1: How to Describe a Bar Chart
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Map Vocabulary
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Tips: Expressing your Opinion
- IELTS Writing Tips: How to Put Examples in Your Essay
- Advanced IELTS Writing Task 2 Lessons
- IELTS General: Writing Task 1 – step by step to IELTS 9!
- Top 11 IELTS Writing tips and tricks | IELTS Writing 7.5 in 7 days
- IELTS Writing Task 2 VOCABULARY for Band 7+ | Must-know SYNONYMS
- IELTS Writing Task 2 Useful PHRASES and expressions for Band 8+ | Academic and General Training
- How to improve your IELTS Writing skills immediately
- Full IELTS Writing Task 2 essay | STRUCTURE, TASK, SAMPLE ANSWER (Part 1 – Task Response)
- IELTS Writing Task 1 Introduction | Academic Vocabulary
- E2 IELTS Academic | Writing Task 1 with Jay | Essential Vocabulary
- Recent IELTS Writing Topics and Questions | Academic, General Training | 2018
- Writing Band 7+ Complex IELTS Sentences in One Step | Examples from IELTS Academic
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Super Strategy! with Alex
- IELTS Writing from 6.5 to 7. Why is your IELTS Writing score stuck at 6.5?
- IELTS Writing Task 2 – Voted by You! #E2Tasks with Alex
- 33 Verbs You Must AVOID in IELTS Writing
- IELTS Writing Vocabulary: Task 1 Academic + PDF
- How to Conquer IELTS Writing Task 2 with E2Talks!
- IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 #E2Tasks with Alex
- IELTS Academic Writing Task 1 | Top Tips for 8+ with Jay!
- IELTS: Writing Task 2 | TOP TIPS YOU NEED TO KNOW with Jay!
- IELTS Writing Task 2 | TWO ESSENTIAL PARAGRAPH STRUCTURES with Jay!
- IELTS Writing Task 2 | PROBLEM / SOLUTION ESSAY with Jay!
- IELTS Writing Task 2 | TO WHAT EXTENT DO YOU AGREE OR DISAGREE? with Jay!
- IELTS General Writing Task 1: Informal Letters | 6 STEP METHOD with Jay!
- IELTS Writing Task 2 | WHAT IS YOUR OPINION ESSAY with Jay!
- IELTS Writing Task 2 | ADVANTAGES / DISADVANTAGES ESSAY with Jay!
- IELTS Writing Task 2: The 3 Sentence Introduction
- E2 IELTS Writing – How to score 8+ in Writing Task 2
Did you find what you were looking for?
Remember we are here to help and if you are still left looking for additional IELTS resources not covered by any of the videos above, please let us know in our comments below and we will look to assist where we can.