Operates spray painting equipment to paint and apply other industrial coatings to manufactured items.
- Skill Level
- Powder Coater
- Rust Proofer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7112 Industrial Spraypainters
operate spray painting equipment to paint and apply other industrial coatings to manufactured items.
Vehicle Painters are excluded from this unit group. Vehicle Painters are included in Unit Group 3243 Vehicle Painters.
- grinding, sanding and cleaning surfaces of items to be painted
- loading paint, oil, lacquer, varnish and rustproofing agents into spray equipment
- connecting hoses to spray equipment and adjusting spray nozzles to required pressure
- securing items to be sprayed within spray booths or placing them onto conveyors
- directing spray guns to apply even coatings
- moving items to drying areas and stacking them for further painting and packaging
- starting and monitoring extractor and drying fans, and heaters
- cleaning nozzles, containers and hoses of equipment
- may operate paint dipping baths
- may mix coating solutions and regulate their temperature
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 711211 Industrial Spraypainter
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Industrial Spraypainter – ANZSCO 711211?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!