Prepares and checks documentation associated with insurance. May work in a call centre.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Insurance Clerk
- Health Insurance Assessor
- Superannuation Clerk
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5523 Insurance, Money Market and Statistical Clerks
prepare and check documentation associated with insurance, maintain records of securities transactions and registrations, offer odds and accept bets, and compile data and undertake statistical and actuarial computations.
- obtaining information on the form of competitors by research, attending race trials and liaising with contacts
- offering and varying odds on competitors after considering the type of event, handicaps, weather conditions and odds offered by other Bookmakers
- processing insurance applications, adjustments to insurance cover, standard endorsements and insurance claims
- monitoring balances of accounts and summarising reinsurance to determine outstanding risk
- surveying potential risk exposure
- despatching notices of premiums due and forms concerning conservation and transfer of insurance
- reviewing, checking, verifying and issuing transaction documentation for securities
- claiming accruing dividends and processing dividend payments
- compiling statistics from financial records, survey returns and other data sources, and verifying the authenticity of the material
- operating computers to input, manipulate and output information
- compiling results of calculations into tables, graphs and charts to be used in analysis
- may work in a call centre
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 552311 Bookmaker
- 552312 Insurance Consultant
- 552313 Money Market Clerk
- 552314 Statistical Clerk
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Insurance Consultant – ANZSCO 552312?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!