Collects and analyses information and data to produce intelligence for an organisation to support planning, operations and human resource functions.
- Skill Level
- Criminal Intelligence Analyst
- Defence Intelligence Analyst
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2299-19 Intelligence Officer
Group: 2244 Intelligence and Policy Analysts
collect and analyse information and data to produce intelligence and to develop and analyse policies guiding the design, implementation and modification of government and commercial operations and programs.
- determining organisational and client intelligence requirements
- organising, collecting, collating and analysing data, and developing intelligence information such as electronic surveillance
- compiling and disseminating intelligence information using briefings, maps, charts, reports and other methods
- ascertaining the accuracy of data collected and reliability of sources
- conducting threat and risk assessments and developing responses
- liaising and consulting with program administrators and other interested parties to identify policy needs
- reviewing existing policies and legislation to identify anomalies and out-of-date provisions
- researching social, economic and industrial trends, and client expectations of programs and services provided
- formulating and analysing policy options, preparing briefing papers and recommendations for policy changes, and advising on preferred options
- assessing impacts, financial implications, interactions with other programs and political and administrative feasibility of policies
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 224411 Intelligence Officer
- 224412 Policy Analyst
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Intelligence Officer – ANZSCO 224411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!