Conceptualises and designs prototypes and details for the manufacture of jewellery and objects for personal adornment, such as watches and spectacles, homewares and other objects, such as trophies and silverware, using metals, precious stones, plastics, engraving, casting and fabrication, to develop designs for mass or batch production or one-off commissions.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 2323 Fashion, Industrial and Jewellery Designers
plan, design, develop and document products for manufacture and prepare designs and specifications of products for mass, batch and one-off production.
- determining the objectives and constraints of the design brief by consulting with clients and stakeholders
- undertaking product research and analysing functional, commercial, cultural and aesthetic requirements
- formulating design concepts for clothing, textiles, industrial, commercial and consumer products, and jewellery
- preparing sketches, diagrams, illustrations, plans, samples and models to communicate design concepts
- negotiating design solutions with clients, management, and sales and manufacturing staff
- selecting, specifying and recommending functional and aesthetic materials, production methods and finishes for manufacture
- detailing and documenting the selected design for production
- preparing and commissioning prototypes and samples
- supervising the preparation of patterns, programs and tooling, and the manufacture process
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 232311 Fashion Designer
- 232312 Industrial Designer
- 232313 Jewellery Designer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Jewellery Designer – ANZSCO 232313?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!