Website Animal Logic
Job description: The Artist Manager works with digital artists to manage their career at Animal Logic, including performance, development and ongoing opportunities within the studio.
Please note this position is a 1 year contract.
What you’ll get to do:
- Provide leadership and advocacy for the Artists, including representing the group and individual needs to production & studio management, supporting career development, and ensuring resources are provided
- Foster and support a positive, collaborative and productive culture within the department; take steps to ensure that Artists feel connected to the studio
- Negotiate and manage artist resources across the studio, ensuring competing needs are balanced, supported and delivered on time.
- Work closely with the Recruitment team to ensure they have appropriate position briefs and updates on projections
- Ensure a regular assessment of salaries is conducted across the Artist group
- Ensure Artists receive clear and regular performance feedback, providing positive recognition as well as addressing areas for improvement and development
- Conduct formal performance reviews for all Artists, with input from supervisors and production management
- Identify training needs and skills gaps in partnership with the Learning and Development Manager
- Ensure contract management is carried out in a timely manner, and that Artists are kept abreast of the forecasted needs where possible
- Establish and maintain an appropriate level of communication with all crew members to establish confidence and trust
- Communicate related Company plans and objectives back to the Artists
- Consult and work with HR on employee issues
What you bring:
- Previous experience managing a team or teams of people in a creative or production environment
- Previous experience working in the Animation and Visual Effects industry with direct involvement in hiring, onboarding, managing Artists
- Experience in a large global studio preferable
- Excellent interpersonal communication and listening skills to engage in dialogue effectively across numerous departments and levels; ability to empathise and resolve conflicts
- Experience in managing the annual performance and compensation reviews, contract renewals, salary negotiations and promotions
- Experience providing feedback and constructive criticism in a respectful and effective manner within a professional setting
- Previous experience successfully working with multiple stakeholders and balancing differing priorities
- Ability to work collaboratively within a team environment
- Excellence in problem solving and balancing quick turnaround
- Excellent attention to detail
Location: Sydney, NSW
Original Job Posting date: Thu, 15 Oct 2020 02:51:45 GMT
Need some general assistance?
You may also find the following article of interest: How To Apply For An Australian Working Holiday Visa.