Job description: The Glebe Hotel require a Chef who is professionally career focused with strong leadership qualities.
- Iconic, award winning CBD gastro pub
- Strong management team
- Great working environment
The Glebe provides a quality food and beverage offering that caters to our corporate clientele and locals alike.
We provide a full A la Carte menu, as well as a quality bar menu that is available throughout our 70 seat heritage listed restaurant, traditional bar and beer garden. In addition to these menus we have extensive canapé menus that cater to our first floor cocktail bar & function area(s). All menus are serviced from the same kitchen and brigade.
The right candidate will have previous experience as a sous chef or a junior sous / senior CDP wanting to further their career with additional responsibilities.
The role will report to the Head chef and you will have the responsibility of overseeing up to 6+ staff at any one time.
You will have extensive knowledge of traditional and modern European cooking techniques and have the professional ability to run each section in the absence of those senior to you.
You must also have the passion and ability to produce quality food with the following criteria;
- 36 months experience in the same or similar position
- Some fine dining experience
- Strong back ground in gastro pub kitchens
- Extensive and passionate knowledge of food produce
- Good communication and leadership skills
- Be organized and work well under pressure
- Create a positive and proactive work environment to motivate and inspire our team
- Proficient in stock ordering and stock control
- Maintaining the restaurants current high standards & excellent reputation
- Be flexible with rostered shifts
With a standard working week of 38 hours, will afford you a good work / life balance and there is a share of the tips too; they won’t buy you a house but they will help you enjoy your time away from work.
This is a full-time salaried position offering $65-$70,000.00 pending on experience and sponsorship may be available to the right candidate.
If you have the experience, passion and drive to suit this position please forward your CV for consideration. Only applicants with the relevant experience will be responded to. Apply Online
Job title: Chef
Expected salary: $60001 – 80000 per year
Location: Glebe, NSW
Original Job Posting date: Fri, 11 Sep 2020 22:29:24 GMT
Need some general assistance?
You may also find the following articles of interest: Australia 482 Sponsored Visa Articles.