Southern NSW Local Health District
Employment Type: Permanent Full Time
Position Classification: Registered Nurse
Remuneration: $65692.82 – $92236.06
Hours Per Week: 38
Requisition ID: REQ333963
Location: Wilcannia NSW (2 hours from Broken Hill NSW)
About the Opportunity
- 2x Permanent Full-Time RN Positions Available
- Sponsorship available for the right applicant
- Gain invaluable remote nursing experience in a primarily Indigenous community (61% of the population)
- Working in a smaller, multi-purpose health facility will grant you more autonomy than larger hospitals
- Apply your skills in a wide variety of situations, empowering you to become an independent practitioner
- Make a real difference to health outcomes for a disadvantaged community with an average life expectancy of only 36.7 years for Aboriginal men and 42.5 years for women.
- Salary packaging (pay less tax!)
- Isolation & climate allowance
- Paid Allocated Day Off (ADO) every month
- New, modern staff accommodation
- Employee Meal Card
- Remote Area Housing Assistance Benefits
- Laundry allowance & shoe allowance
- Support through advanced education & training
- A comfortable country lifestyle that supports balance & wellbeing
Wilcannia is a small, primarily Aboriginal community in far west NSW situated on the banks of the Darling River. Once a busy river port, the town is full of history and heritage listed buildings. The outdoor cinema, music festivals and a bunch of local sporting opportunities including tennis, golf, lawn bowls and footy will keep you busy. In the heart of the Aussie Outback, life in Wilcannia is quiet, clean and beautiful.
The Wilcannia Multi-Purpose Service (MPS) has a 24-hour 2 bed emergency department and 8 residential aged care beds. Wilcannia MPS has been providing care to the local community for over 140 years. As we work in partnership with the RFDS and Maari Ma the position provides opportunity to learn how to work with other healthcare organisations.
- Current nursing/midwifery registration with the Australian Health Practitioner Regulation Agency (AHPRA) with postgraduate qualification in relevant field to position or willingness to undertake.
- Recent remote and Emergency Department clinical experience, including current Advanced Life Support Accreditation.
- Demonstrated application of professional and ethical boundaries to the delivery of patient care in the context of a multi-disciplinary team.
- Demonstrated application of evidence based practice and critical thinking to advocate for and implement individualised person centred care patient care.
- Demonstrated capacity to interact with others in a personable and professional manner and personally resolve conflicts when they arise.
- Demonstrated commitment to work and partner with Aboriginal and Torres Strait, Islander patients and families and employees to enhance health outcomes for Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander clients.
- Evidence of participation in own professional development and commitment to maintaining competence and enhancement of skills, and willingness to apply and share professional expertise with colleagues.
- Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills, excellent written and verbal communication skills within a multidisciplinary team.
About the Far West LHD
The Far West Local Health District is the westernmost LHD under NSW Health, providing high quality public health services to the communities in far west NSW. Our vision is to create “excellence in rural and remote healthcare”. The key to our success is our diverse and inclusive workforce. We employ over 800 clinicians and support staff across 9 health facilities in Broken Hill, Balranald, Dareton, Ivanhoe, Menindee, Tibooburra, Wentworth, White Cliffs and Wilcannia. We encourage you to consider joining our friendly team for a meaningful and rewarding career in rural and remote healthcare.
Need more information?
1) Click here for the Position Description
2) Find out more about applying for this position
For role related queries or questions contact Kathryn Ranui on [email protected]
Applications Close: 24/8/2022
Getting Down Under Partners with 482jobs.com for our sponsored job listings. 482Jobs.com is the world’s largest job board dedicated to advertising Sponsored Jobs In Australia. Each job advertisement is manually checked to ensure the advertiser is offering Sponsorship so you don’t have to!
Visit the advertisers website 482jobs.com.