HOSCH is seeking an experienced Service Technician (conveyor technician/scraper technician) to fill the position of local Goldfields Service Technician. This position is based in Kalgoorlie therefore it is essential that you are willing to relocate and reside in the area. The position will service HOSCH clients on a FIFO/DIDO basis in the goldfields region.
This position is responsible for the installation and servicing of HOSCH equipment (scrapers, trackers, ploughs and skirting) as well as providing overall conveyor maintenance services (eg: pulley change outs). In addition to this and upon completing our in house training program you will be responsible for completing site inspections, carrying out audits, completing carryback testing as well as completing reports.
This is a standalone role working alongside our service provider based in Kalgoorlie. We require an individual who is motivated and passionate in delivering an outstanding service. The ability to be on call and availability to work Monday – Sunday is required.
This role reports directly to the Service Manager. The successful candidate will be required to complete in house training on our product range as well as expand their knowledge and progress through our HOSCH training program.
- Sponsorship available to candidates residing within Australia/Internationally
- Housing allowance, work vehicle and great salary available
- Ideally suited to someone already residing in Australia that is looking for sponsorship.
- Must be trade qualified BMW of mechanical fitter with welding experience.
Skills and Qualifications
- Strong technical knowledge preferable in bulk materials handling and conveyor cleaning systems complemented by mechanical or BMW trade qualification
- Current Drivers Licence
- High-Risk Work Licence including Forklift, EWP, Dogging, Rigging, Working at Heights and Confined Space
- Show flexibility and willingness to be on-call when required to ensure client support is not impacted
- Strong communication skills demonstrated through your ability to understand client requirements and in return preparing and presenting information regarding HOSCH products and services.