Job description: There is an opportunity to join an industry-led, family owned business located in rural Western Australia. We are hoping to find a couple to fill the roles of camp cook and mechanic. Taking on these positions will enable you to see the amazing Australian countryside of the Wheatbelt of WA, whilst making a good income!
We are a small team of about 6 operators and farmers and move farm to farm with our machinery. We have a fully independent camp that provides all our needs for power, water, bathrooms, washing machines, kitchen, and dining room. We camp out near the work in real Glamping style! We need our own wonderful cook and handy mechanic to make the whole show go smoothly. A couple with own van would be best. * The role of the Mechanic position is to maintain our large tractors (4), trucks (2) and Reefinators (3) and shift the camp from site to site.
- The role of the Cook position is to shop, prepare and provide three meals a day (for up to 10 people) and maintain the camp in a clean, tidy state.
To be successful for these roles:
- the mechanic, at least, must have a valid HRC Class Licence
- A good sense of humour is vital
- Ability to work alongside people of all cultures and ages – some of our operators can be international backpackers with little English.
Please provide an email (email@example.com) – outlining your experience, qualifications, transferable skills, and enthusiasm – one page maximum.
- All food and accommodation incidentals will be provided to you on site.
- Meals and washing all on site.
- Full training provided for machine operation.
- Working for a safe and reputable company.
- Good pay rates. $/hour depending on skills ($25 – $45K all meals etc provided).
Most of our contracting work is done over a large part of the Wheatbelt with our base camp mostly around Corrigin but this can vary from week to week.
Start date is Early January 2020 till May June 2020 (varying shift lengths) Apply Online
Location: Corrigin, WA
Original Job Posting date: Wed, 18 Nov 2020 23:27:43 GMT
Need some general assistance?
You may also find the following article of interest: How To Apply For An Australian Working Holiday Visa.