Works with whanau (family) to care for young children in a Kohanga Reo (Maori language nest) and helps them understand Maori language and customs.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 2411 Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teachers
teach the basics of numeracy, literacy, music, art and literature to early childhood (pre-primary) students and promote students’ social, emotional, intellectual and physical development.
- planning and structuring learning in both indoor and outdoor environments using a variety of materials and equipment to facilitate students’ development
- providing a variety of experiences and activities to develop motor skills, cooperative social skills, confidence and understanding
- promoting language development through story telling, role play, songs, rhymes and informal discussions held individually and within groups
- observing students to evaluate progress and to detect signs of ill health, emotional disturbance and other disabilities
- observing nutritional health, welfare and safety needs of students and identifying factors which may impede students’ progress
- discussing students’ progress with parents
- attending parent interviews, and staff and committee meetings
- participating in community and family support programs as appropriate
- supervising student teachers on placement
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 241111 Early Childhood (Pre-primary School) Teacher
- 241112 Kaiako Kohanga Reo (Maori Language Nest Teacher)
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Kaiako Kohanga Reo (Maori Language Nest Teacher) – ANZSCO 241112?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!