Assists Kaiako Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium Primary School Teachers) with teaching duties and activities in the Maori language for children at primary school level with emphasis given to Tikanga Maori (Maori custom).
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4221 Education Aides
perform non-teaching duties to assist teaching staff in schools, provide care and supervision for children in preschools, and provide assistance to Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their teachers.
- demonstrating, supervising and participating in activities which enhance the physical, social, emotional and intellectual development of children in schools and preschool centres
- preparing indoor and outdoor areas for learning and recreational activities
- assisting children with intellectual, physical and behavioural difficulties with their academic studies
- assisting children individually to learn social skills
- assisting with preparing teaching aids, and copying and collating written and printed material
- distributing and collecting lesson material
- providing assistance to small groups of Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students
- providing home-school liaison and counselling for Aboriginal, Torres Strait Islander and Maori students and their families
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 422111 Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Education Worker
- 422112 Integration Aide
- 422113 Kaiawhina Kohanga Reo (Maori Language Nest Assistant)
- 422114 Kaiawhina Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium School Assistant)
- 422115 Preschool Aide
- 422116 Teachers’ Aide
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Kaiawhina Kura Kaupapa Maori (Maori-medium School Assistant) – ANZSCO 422114?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!