Well, after becoming seriously vexed with the Crapifax yesterday, I’ve finally managed to compose myself enough to take a step back and see where we are after finally getting a call back.
The buyers who had their mortgage app refused at the last minute by the Halifax when their P60 couldn’t be obtained have now completed a second mortgage application with a broker which is going to be sent off this week.
They will also be instructing a survey (once they have paid the fee’s….again) which should take place within the next couple of weeks.
Hope of all hopes that they get the mortgage this time. If they do then great, we’ve only lost a couple of weeks.
If they don’t then arse! We’ve lost months.
The house has been under offer in one way or another for the last couple of months now. If this falls through then we really need to ask the question. Is there is any real value in remaining with the Halifax?
The answer to this is a pretty big no, unless of course we can avoid paying any fees due to the astronomically poor service we’ve received so far.
Back to the waiting game…