Assists kitchen and service staff in preparing and serving food, and cleans food preparation and service areas.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Kitchen Steward
- Pantry Attendant
- Sandwich Hand
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8513 Kitchenhands
assist kitchen and service staff in preparing and serving food, and clean food preparation and service areas.
- cleaning kitchens, food preparation areas and sculleries
- cleaning cooking and general utensils used in kitchens and restaurants
- transferring, weighing and checking supplies and equipment
- assembling and preparing ingredients for cooking, and preparing salads, savouries and sandwiches
- packing food and beverage trays for serving
- cooking, toasting and heating simple food items
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 851311 Kitchenhand
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Kitchenhand – ANZSCO 851311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!