Plans and constructs garden landscapes.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4623-13 Landscape Gardener
Group: 3622 Gardeners
plant, cultivate, maintain, plan and construct parks, gardens and landscapes, and inspect, diagnose and treat trees and shrubs.
- preparing and maintaining seedbeds and growing sites
- propagating and planting trees, bushes, hedges, flowers and bulbs
- preparing lawn areas by spreading top soil and planting grass, and by laying instant turf
- maintaining planted and grassed areas by weeding, trimming, fertilising, watering and mowing
- pruning trees and hedges, and installing plant support and protection devices
- preparing plans and drawings, selecting materials and plants, and scheduling landscape construction
- setting out and installing hardscape and softscape structures
- constructing gravel and paved areas, walls, fences, pergolas, ponds, barbecues and garden furniture
- examining trees to assess their condition and determine treatment
- lopping limbs off trees and shaping branches using chain and handsaws
- spraying and dusting plants and trees to control insects and disease, and felling diseased trees
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 362211 Gardener (General)
- 362212 Arborist
- 362213 Landscape Gardener
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Landscape Gardener – ANZSCO 362213?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!