- Sorts, cleans, irons, folds and packages linen, clothing and other garments in a commercial laundry.
- Skill Level
- Folding Machine Operator
- Linen Sorter
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8115 Laundry Workers
- sort, clean, fold, iron and package linen, clothing and other items in laundries and drycleaning establishments, and private residences.
- sorting articles for cleaning according to the type, colour, fabric and cleaning treatment required
- placing sorted articles into receptacles and onto conveyor belts for moving to repair and cleaning areas
- checking and removing stains from garments, and replacing buttons and making minor repairs
- loading and unloading washing machines, driers and extractors
- adding cleaning agents and starches to articles
- smoothing articles and guiding them through cleaning and pressing machines
- stopping and starting machines to untangle, straighten and remove articles
- ironing and pressing clean articles
- placing articles on shelves and hanging articles for delivery and collection
- packaging articles and preparing orders for despatch
8115 Skill Level Required
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
In New Zealand:
For some occupations, a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances, no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 811511 Laundry Worker (General)
- 811512 Drycleaner
- 811513 Ironer or Presser
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Laundry Worker (General) – ANZSCO 811511?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!