Fabricates and repairs leather articles such as wallets, cases, harnesses and saddlery.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4944-11 Leather Goods Maker
Group: 3931 Canvas and Leather Goods Makers
make and repair boots, shoes, leather goods, canvas and sailcloth articles, and related products.
- cutting and preparing canvas, leather and sailcloth to design specifications, patterns and drawings
- sewing, gluing and riveting sections of canvas together to make articles such as awnings, tents, tarpaulins and horse rugs
- attaching grommets, fastenings and other fittings to canvas goods
- joining parts of leather articles using rivets, hand sewing, sewing machines, tools and adhesive
- restoring and repairing leather articles
- fabricating sails
- designing patterns and prototypes of boots and shoes
- making and grading patterns using manual and computerised methods
- clicking synthetics, corrected grains, leather linings and leather outers by hand and machine
- altering and repairing footwear
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 393111 Canvas Goods Fabricator
- 393112 Leather Goods Maker
- 393113 Sail Maker
- 393114 Shoemaker
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Leather Goods Maker – ANZSCO 393112?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!