Operates a motorised loader to move and load soil, rock and other material. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Bobcat Operator
- Front-end Loader Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7212 Earthmoving Plant Operators
operate plant to excavate earth, ore and rock, break up pavement, road, rock and obstructions, move and load earth, rock and debris, and level, smooth and compact surfaces in construction and other projects.
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- selecting, fitting and removing attachments such as buckets, winches, loading scoops, shovel blades and rock breaking hammers
- operating controls to excavate, break, drill, level, compact, gouge out, move, load and spread earth, rock, rubble, soil and other materials
- monitoring operation of plant and adjusting controls to regulate pressure, speed and flow of operation, and ensuring safety of other workers
- raising, lowering and manipulating attachments using manual and hydraulic controls
- working from drawings, markers and verbal instructions
- servicing, lubricating, cleaning and refuelling plant and performing minor adjustments and repairs
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 721211 Earthmoving Plant Operator (General)
- 721212 Backhoe Operator
- 721213 Bulldozer Operator
- 721214 Excavator Operator
- 721215 Grader Operator
- 721216 Loader Operator
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Loader Operator – ANZSCO 721216?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!