Operates plant to fell trees and drag, transport and load logs onto trucks. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Forwarder Operator
- Skidder Operator
- Tree Feller Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7211 Agricultural, Forestry and Horticultural Plant Operators
operate agricultural, forestry and horticultural plant to clear and cultivate land, sow and harvest crops, and fell trees and move logs.
- preparing and positioning plant for operation
- operating tractor-drawn and self-propelled plant to plough land and sow, fertilise, cultivate and harvest crops, and avoid damaging crops
- adjusting speed, height and depth of implements
- operating plant to hold, lift and cut trees
- operating attachments to lift, swing, release and sort trees and logs, and operating auxiliary plant such as chipping machines and log splitting machines
- feeding felled trees into processors to strip limbs and cut into logs and loading logs onto stockpiles and into trucks
- keeping log tallies and writing work reports
- servicing plant and performing minor repairs
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 721111 Agricultural and Horticultural Mobile Plant Operator
- 721112 Logging Plant Operator
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Logging Plant Operator – ANZSCO 721112?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!