Processes carcasses of slaughtered livestock and prepares meat and meat products.
- Skill Level
- Offal Separator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8313 Meat, Poultry and Seafood Process Workers
slaughter and eviscerate poultry, and process, grade and package meat, poultry, fish and shellfish.
- processing offal and tripe
- moving carcasses to chillers and freezers
- loading meat products into trucks
- packing boned and sliced meat into cartons
- stunning and shackling poultry for killing and processing
- severing jugular veins of poultry, and removing viscera and residual material from poultry carcasses
- separating organs and glands, such as sweetbreads, livers, hearts and spleens, from poultry carcasses
- inspecting and grading poultry, fish and shellfish for size and quality
- packing fish and counting packs before freezing, and packing frozen fish blocks into cartons
- operating machines which slice, peel, skin and crumb fish
- cleaning and sanitising equipment and work areas
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 831311 Meat Process Worker
- 831312 Poultry Process Worker
- 831313 Seafood Process Worker
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Meat Process Worker – ANZSCO 831311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!