- Plans, designs, organises and oversees the assembly, erection, commissioning, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations. Registration or licensing may be required.
- Skill Level
- Airconditioning Engineer
- Building Services Engineer
- Heating and Ventilation Engineer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Engineers Australia
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2126-11 Mechanical Engineer
Group: 2335 Industrial, Mechanical and Production Engineers
- design, organise and oversee the construction, operation and maintenance of mechanical and process plant and installations, establish programs for the coordination of manufacturing activities, and ensure usage of resources is cost effective.
- studying functional statements, organisational charts and project information to determine functions and responsibilities of workers and work units and to identify areas of duplication
- establishing work measurement programs and analysing work samples to develop standards for labour utilisation
- analysing workforce utilisation, facility layout, operational data and production schedules and costs to determine optimum worker and equipment efficiencies
- designing mechanical equipment, machines, components, products for manufacture, and plant and systems for construction
- developing specifications for manufacture, and determining materials, equipment, piping, material flows, capacities and layout of plant and systems
- organising and managing project labour and the delivery of materials, plant and equipment
- establishing standards and policies for installation, modification, quality control, testing, inspection and maintenance according to engineering principles and safety regulations
- inspecting plant to ensure optimum performance is maintained
- directing the maintenance of plant buildings and equipment, and coordinating the requirements for new designs, surveys and maintenance schedules
- Skill Level
- Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 233511 Industrial Engineer
- 233512 Mechanical Engineer
- 233513 Production or Plant Engineer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Mechanical Engineer – ANZSCO 233512?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!