Conducts tests of mechanical systems, collects and analyses data, and assembles and installs mechanical assemblies in support of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists.
- Skill Level
- Boiler Testing Technician
- Hydraulic Controls Technician
- Mechanical Laboratory Technician
- Pipe Testing Technician
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position relates to mobile phone repairs.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 3125-13 Mechanical Engineering Technician
Group: 3125 Mechanical Engineering Draftspersons and Technicians
assist in mechanical engineering research, design, manufacture, construction, operation and maintenance of machines, manufacturing equipment, mechanical installations and facilities.
- preparing drawings, plans and designs for mechanical engineering work under the direction of Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists
- assisting Mechanical Engineers and Engineering Technologists in the design of mechanical equipment and plant
- selecting tools and equipment
- assembling and installing new and modified mechanical assemblies, components, machine tools and controls, and hydraulic power systems
- estimating material costs and quantities, and machine requirements
- performing and directing field and laboratory tests
- collecting and analysing data, carrying out complex computations and preparing diagrams
- organising and supervising inspection and maintenance of machines and plant
- ensuring that designs and finished work are within specifications, regulations and contract provisions
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 312511 Mechanical Engineering Draftsperson
- 312512 Mechanical Engineering Technician
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Mechanical Engineering Technician – ANZSCO 312512?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!