Investigates, diagnoses and treats patients with cancer using chemotherapy and biological therapy. Registration or licensing is required.
Gynaecological, Radiation and Surgical Oncologists are excluded from this occupation. Gynaecological Oncologists are included in Unit Group 2539 Other Medical Practitioners, in Occupation 253913 Obstetrician and Gynaecologist. Radiation Oncologists are included in Unit Group 2539 Other Medical Practitioners, in Occupation 253918 Radiation Oncologist. Surgical Oncologists are included in Unit Group 2535 Surgeons, in Occupation 253511 Surgeon (General).
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Medical Oncology Physician
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 2312-25 Specialist Physician
Group: 2533 Specialist Physicians
diagnose and treat internal human disorders and diseases using specialist testing, diagnostic and medical techniques. Medical Registrars training as Specialist Physicians are included in this unit group.
- examining patients to determine the nature and extent of problems after referral from General Medical Practitioners and other medical specialists, and undertaking laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures
- analysing test results and other medical information to make diagnoses
- prescribing and administering drugs, and remedial and therapeutic treatment and procedures
- recording medical information and data
- reporting specified contagious and notifiable diseases to government health and immigration authorities
- may admit or refer patients to hospitals
- may consult other medical specialists
- Skill Level
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification, two years hospital-based training, and at least five years specialist study and training (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 253311 Specialist Physician (General Medicine)
- 253312 Cardiologist
- 253313 Clinical Haematologist
- 253314 Medical Oncologist
- 253315 Endocrinologist
- 253316 Gastroenterologist
- 253317 Intensive Care Specialist
- 253318 Neurologist
- 253321 Paediatrician
- 253322 Renal Medicine Specialist
- 253323 Rheumatologist
- 253324 Thoracic Medicine Specialist
- 253399 Specialist Physicians nec
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Medical Oncologist – ANZSCO 253314?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!