Performs routine tasks in crop cultivation and animal production.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- General Farm Hand
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8416 Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Workers
perform routine tasks in crop cultivation and animal production.
- patrolling, inspecting and reporting on the condition of crops and livestock
- operating farm machines to cultivate, plant, fertilise, spray and harvest field crops
- maintaining and repairing buildings, machines, fences, plant and water systems
- loading and unloading seed grain, fertilisers and livestock feed, and loading field crops into transporters for marketing
- irrigating land for crop growth
- providing livestock with feed and water
- assisting with maintaining the health and welfare of livestock
- mustering and droving livestock to milking and shearing sheds and between paddocks to ensure sufficient feed is available
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 841611 Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Worker
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Mixed Crop and Livestock Farm Worker – ANZSCO 841611?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!