Plans, organises, controls, coordinates and performs farming operations to both grow crops and to breed and raise livestock.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Farmer and Grazier
- Cattle and Wheat Framer
- Lifestyle Block Farmer (NZ)
- Sheep and Wheat Farmer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position predominantly involves responsibility for low skilled tasks.
Example 1: Rostering, maintaining records, reception duties and allocating duties to housekeepers, porters or doorpersons.
Example 2: Fruit picking or packing or feeding of livestock or animals.
Example 3: Truck driving.
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 1214 Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmers
plan, organise, control, coordinate and perform farming operations to both grow crops and to breed and raise livestock.
- planning and coordinating the production and marketing of crops and livestock
- breeding and raising livestock for the production of meat, wool, skins, milk or eggs, and growing grain, seed crops, vegetables, fruit or nuts
- monitoring and maintaining the health and condition of livestock
- providing pastures and fodder to maintain appropriate nutritional levels
- selecting and purchasing seed for planting, planning and implementing breeding programs
- directing and overseeing general farming activities such as fertilising, and pest and weed control
- maintaining farm buildings, fences, equipment and water supply systems
- organising the sale, purchase and transportation of livestock and produce
- maintaining and evaluating records of farming activities, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- managing business capital, monitoring market activity and planning production accordingly
- may select, train and supervise staff and contractors
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification. At least five years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualification. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
- Occupations in this Group
- 121411 Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Mixed Crop and Livestock Farmer – ANZSCO 121411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!