Provides care to newborn infants, and provides advice and training on infant care to parents of newborn infants. Registration or licensing is required.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4114 Enrolled and Mothercraft Nurses
provide nursing care to patients in hospitals, aged care and other health care facilities and in the community, and assist parents in providing care to newborn infants under the supervision of a Registered Nurse or Midwife.
- assessing, planning and implementing nursing care for patients according to accepted nursing practice and standards
- providing interventions, treatments and therapies such as administering medications, and monitoring responses to treatments and care plans
- assisting Registered Nurses and other team members to coordinate and evaluate care provided
- promoting and assisting in health education activities for the prevention of ill health
- bathing, feeding, changing and settling newborn infants
- providing advice and training on infant care to parents of newborn infants
- providing emotional support to parents of newborn infants
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
Registration or licensing is required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 411411 Enrolled Nurse
- 411412 Mothercraft Nurse
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Mothercraft Nurse – ANZSCO 411412?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!