Sells new and used motor cars, motor cycles, trucks, boats, caravans and earthmoving equipment in a retail or wholesale establishment.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Motor Vehicle Salesperson
- Fleet Salesperson
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 6213 Motor Vehicle and Vehicle Parts Salespersons
sell motor vehicles, boats, caravans, earthmoving equipment, vehicle accessories and parts in retail and wholesale establishments.
- determining customer requirements and advising on product range, price, delivery, warranties and product use and care
- showing vehicles to customers and test driving vehicles with customers
- selling motor vehicles and vehicle products such as parts, tyres, lubricating oils, batteries, car stereos and alarms
- taking sales orders and preparing contracts of sale
- receiving orders for parts
- determining part sizes and details such as vehicle make, model, manufacturer and year
- searching lists of parts to identify part numbers, price and availability
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 621311 Motor Vehicle or Caravan Salesperson
- 621312 Motor Vehicle Parts Interpreter (Aus) / Automotive Parts Salesperson (NZ)
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Motor Vehicle or Caravan Salesperson – ANZSCO 621311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!