A new Migration Occupations in Demand List has been published and comes into effect today.
The new MODL can be seen below, and several new IT specialisms have have been added.
The additions are as follows:
– Child Care Coordinator ASCO Code 1295-11
– Computing Professional – specialising in C++/C#/C, Jave, J2EE, Oracle, and Peoplesoft all are assessed under ASCO Code 2231-79
– Mechanical Engineer 2126-11
– Surveyor 2123-13
3 occupations have been removed from the MODL:
– Nuclear Medicine Technologist ASCO Code 2391-15
– Radiation Therapist 2391-13
– Flat Glass Tradesperson 4982-11
The Migration Occupations in Demand List is a mechanism used to facilitate the entry of migrants with particular specialist skills who are applying for permanent residence. Only those occupations where a significant shortage of skills in the Australian labour market has been identified are included on the MODL.
Applicants applying under the General Skilled Migration Program for a points tested visa who nominate an occupation on the MODL are eligible for the award of an additional 15 or 20 points (the latter applies if there is a full time job offer and other requirements are met).
Applicants nominating a MODL occupation are also given priority processing.
Source : Go Matilda