Propagates and cultivates trees, shrubs, and ornamental and flowering plants in a plant nursery.
- Skill Level
- Plant Propagator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4621-11 Nurseryperson
Group: 3624 Nurserypersons
propagate and cultivate trees, shrubs, and ornamental and flowering plants in plant nurseries.
- preparing potting media and containers before planting
- selecting seeds, bulbs and cuttings, and planting them in beds, lawn areas and tubs
- budding and grafting vegetative material onto root stock
- watering plants manually and controlling automatic watering operations
- applying pesticides to control pests, diseases, weeds and nutritional and environmental plant disorders
- keeping records of soil mixtures, plantings, treatments, losses and yields
- selecting plants and packaging them for presentation and delivery
- advising customers on plant care and appropriate plants for local conditions
- may plan sales area layouts and visual merchandise presentation
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
In New Zealand:
NZ Register Level 4 qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 362411 Nurseryperson
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Nurseryperson – ANZSCO 362411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!