Propagates and cultivates trees, shrubs, and ornamental and flowering plants in a plant nursery.
- Skill Level
- Plant Propagator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
- Endorsed Correlations to ASCO Occupations
- 4621-11 Nurseryperson
Group: 3624 Nurserypersons
propagate and cultivate trees, shrubs, and ornamental and flowering plants in plant nurseries.
- preparing potting media and containers before planting
- selecting seeds, bulbs and cuttings, and planting them in beds, lawn areas and tubs
- budding and grafting vegetative material onto root stock
- watering plants manually and controlling automatic watering operations
- applying pesticides to control pests, diseases, weeds and nutritional and environmental plant disorders
- keeping records of soil mixtures, plantings, treatments, losses and yields
- selecting plants and packaging them for presentation and delivery
- advising customers on plant care and appropriate plants for local conditions
- may plan sales area layouts and visual merchandise presentation
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate III including at least two years of on-the-job training, or AQF Certificate IV (ANZSCO Skill Level 3)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 362411 Nurseryperson
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Nurseryperson – ANZSCO 362411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!