Integrates, disseminates and applies knowledge drawn from the relevant sciences to enhance positive effects of food on the health and well-being of human populations.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 2511 Nutrition Professionals
apply the science of human nutrition to assist people to attain better health and to help prevent and treat various illnesses and diseases.
- planning diets and menus, and instructing people on the requirements and importance of diet and on the planning and preparation of food
- collecting, organising and assessing data relating to health and nutritional status of individuals, groups and communities
- interpreting and communicating scientific information and providing advice, education and professional opinion to individuals, groups and communities
- monitoring food intake and quality to provide nutritional care
- calculating nutritional values of food served
- planning, conducting and evaluating nutrition intervention programs and compiling educational material
- providing nutrition assessments, nutrition management, and nutrition education, research and training
- consulting with other Health Professionals and related workers to manage the dietary and nutritional needs of patients
- Skill Level
Occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with a bachelor degree or higher qualification (ANZSCO Skill Level 1).
Registration or licensing is required in New Zealand.
- Occupations in this Group
- 251111 Dietitian
- 251112 Nutritionist
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Nutritionist – ANZSCO 251112?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!