Receives payments from customers, issues receipts, returns change due, and meets the public and explains charging and billing policy.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Skills Assessment Authority
- Not eligible if:
TSS, ENS – The position has a nominated annual earnings of less than AUD65,000.
TSS, ENS – The position is not located in regional Australia (within the meaning of subregulation 5.19(7) of the Regulations).
Group: 6311 Checkout Operators and Office Cashiers
operate cash registers and receive payments from customers, and issue receipts and return change due.
- scanning, weighing and recording prices of goods
- receiving and processing payments for goods and services by cash, cheques, gift vouchers, credit and debit cards and other payment types
- issuing sales dockets and giving change
- maintaining supplies of change, wrapping and other materials used at checkout
- counting and recording money received and balancing against register sales records, and preparing money for deposit in financial institutions
- recording and balancing petty cash disbursements
- operating a computer terminal to administer the store’s financial transaction system
- cashing authorised cheques
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 631111 Checkout Operator
- 631112 Office Cashier
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Office Cashier – ANZSCO 631112?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!