Receives and processes incoming orders for goods and services from inside or outside an organisation.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Customer Orders Clerk
- Sales Order Clerk
- Internal Salesperson (Aus)
- Mail Order Clerk
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5911 Purchasing and Supply Logistics Clerks
prepare and process orders for goods and services, monitor stock levels and supply sources and maintain stock and inventory levels, record and coordinate the flow of materials between departments, prepare production schedules, and administer and coordinate storage and distribution operations within organisations.
- requisitioning supplies from stock and sending orders to production departments and other firms
- confirming completion of orders and compliance with details specified, signing tally sheets and attaching to checked items
- receiving and checking purchase requests against inventory records and stock on hand
- examining orders and compiling data for production schedules
- checking inventories and preparing delivery schedules
- examining containers to ensure that they are filled, and recording quantities
- investigating and identifying supply sources and preparing and processing purchase orders
- providing price and other information about goods to prospective customers
- counting incoming stock and reconciling it with requisitions, and updating inventory and stock location records
- establishing and coordinating the operating procedures for receiving, handling, storing and shipping goods
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 591112 Production Clerk
- 591113 Purchasing Officer
- 591115 Stock Clerk
- 591116 Warehouse Administrator
- 591117 Order Clerk
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Order Clerk – ANZSCO 591117?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!