Operates machines that strip and prepare logs, remove bark, cut logs and timber, create wood chips, and cut, glue, press, trim, sand, splice, mould and repair wooden boards of various grades, forms and combinations.
- Skill Level
- Debarker Operator
- Docking Saw Operator
- Log Preparer
- Plywood and Veneer Repairer
- Sawmill Moulder Operator
- Veneer Production Machine Operator
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7113 Paper and Wood Processing Machine Operators
operate machines to manufacture paper packaging and other paper products, fibreboard stock, logs, plywood, particle board, solid laminate and similar timber products.
- setting up printing plates, ink circulation systems, knives, creases, cutting dies, and folding and gluing machines
- loading machines with paper and fibreboard
- operating machines to form cardboard containers, paper plates, egg cartons, tissue paper and other paper products
- adjusting and cleaning machines and performing minor repairs
- securing timber into place and setting saws to produce specified sizes of plank and board to be cut
- starting machines and feeding stock onto cutting saw, and operating automatic feed mechanisms
- raising and lowering saws to trim boards and remove defects such as rot and splits
- controlling lathes and slicing machines to produce veneers, and laminating veneer using glue
- verifying dimensions of cut stock and accuracy of cuts
- checking saws and other machines for safety, sharpness and correct functioning
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 711311 Paper Products Machine Operator
- 711313 Sawmilling Operator
- 711314 Other Wood Processing Machine Operator
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Other Wood Processing Machine Operator – ANZSCO 711314?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!