Partner Visa (Subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) (Subclass 100)

Australia Visa Overview

hen it comes to moving to Australia, one of the most confusing aspects is the vast myriad of visa options you can choose as a basis for your Australia Visa application. One of these visa options is the Partner Visa (Subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) (Subclass 100) and to assist our visitors we have provided a high-level summary of this visa class below.

Partner Visa (Subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) (Subclass 100) Overview

The Partner Visa (Provisional) (Class UF) (Subclass 309) & Partner Visa (Migrant) (Class BC) (Subclass 100) is a two-stage visa process for persons seeking entry to Australia on the basis of being in a relationship with an eligible partner (sponsor).


  • You must be outside Australia to lodge a valid visa application.
  • This is a 2-stage process, in applying for a Partner visa, you will be applying for the subclass 309 Provisional and the subclass 100 Permanent visas concurrently.
  • The provisional visa will allow you to enter and remain in Australia until a decision is made on your permanent visa.

Key Eligibility requirements

  • You must be married or in a de facto relationship with an Australian citizen, Australian permanent resident or eligible New Zealand.
  • Your relationship must be proven to be an exclusive, committed, genuine and continuing relationship.
  • Your relationship must be able to prove, cumulatively, that you and your partner meet the following four factors:
    • Joint financial aspects of the relationship.
    • Join nature of the household arrangement.
    • The social aspects of the relationship.
    • The nature of the couple’s commitment to one another.
  • For couples who are in a de facto relationship the law stipulates that the length of the relationship must be at least of 12 months duration. However, there are exceptions to this requirement including when the relationship has been registered under a law of a State or Territory prescribed in relevant legislation.
  • You must meet health and character requirements.

Partner Visa (Subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) (Subclass 100) – Is this Visa type for you?

If you are considering applying for a Partner Visa (Subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) (Subclass 100) we would love to hear from you. Tell us about your journey in our comments below. If you have any questions we encourage you to post these in our forums. You can access our community forums by Clicking Here.

Please note this is only a high-level summary of the Partner Visa (Subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) (Subclass 100) visa

The above is not an exhaustive list of requirements for the Partner Visa (Subclass 309) & Partner (Migrant) (Subclass 100). This content on this page is provided for Getting Down Under visitors as general information purposes only, it is not immigration advice and must not be construed as such. While due care has been taken to ensure that the content is kept-up-to-date and correct, the accuracy of the information cannot be guarantee due to the frequent changes in migration law. Please view our Disclaimer for more information. Post Last Updated: 2020-10-12 11:09:33

sponsored jobs in Australia TSS 482 Visa Jobs


Your email address will not be published.