Performs routine tasks associated in laying bituminous and other paving materials on roads, runways, parking areas and other surfaces to be paved.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 8215 Paving and Surfacing Labourers
perform routine tasks associated in laying bituminous and other paving materials on roads, runways, parking areas and other surfaces to be paved.
- sweeping paving bases prior to laying asphalt and other surfaces
- sprinkling and brushing hot and cold-mix asphalt over surfaces to be paved and repaired to bond asphalt toppings to bases
- operating tank-truck distributors and hoses to spray tar and road oils and emulsions on graded surfaces prior to paving
- tripping tail-gate levers to discharge hot-mix asphalt into paving machines, and spreading stone chips, gravel and cold-mix asphalt onto road surfaces
- shovelling asphalt mix into areas inaccessible to paving machines, and compacting mix using rakes and hand tampers
- cutting and trimming damaged surfaces using jack-hammers and softening edges of areas to be repaired with blowtorches
- erecting and dismantling barricades
- loading and unloading equipment, and cleaning work sites
- may direct traffic
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 821511 Paving and Surfacing Labourer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Paving and Surfacing Labourer – ANZSCO 821511?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!