Prepares payroll and related records for employee salaries and statutory record-keeping purposes.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Pay Clerk
- Payroll Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5513 Payroll Clerks
prepare payrolls and related records for employee salaries and statutory record-keeping purposes.
- creating files for new employees to record payroll data
- maintaining and updating files for existing employees to record information such as employee contact details, leave taken, overtime, promotions, transfers, tax deductions, health insurance payments and superannuation
- preparing payroll data from time sheets and other payroll and personnel records
- processing payment of wages and salaries
- issuing and recording adjustments to employees’ pay
- interpreting industrial awards
- providing information to employees and managers about payroll matters such as tax issues, benefits and deductions
- finalising files and arrangements when employees retire, resign or transfer
- may be involved in maintaining superannuation and other deduction and contribution records
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 551311 Payroll Clerk
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Payroll Clerk – ANZSCO 551311?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!