Sells pharmaceutical goods, toiletries and related goods in a retail pharmacy.
- Skill Level
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 6214 Pharmacy Sales Assistants
sell pharmaceutical goods, toiletries and related goods in retail pharmacies.
Pharmacy Technicians are excluded from this unit group. Pharmacy Technicians are included in Unit Group 3112 Medical Technicians.
- accepting prescriptions for filling by Retail Pharmacists
- determining customer requirements and advising customers on the selection, price and usage of non-prescription medicines
- advising customers on the correct application and storage of medicines
- selling goods such as non-prescription drugs, first aid supplies, toiletries and cosmetics
- accepting payment for goods and services by a variety of payment methods and preparing sales invoices
- promoting goods and services that are for sale
- assisting with the ongoing management of stock such as product inventories and participating in stocktakes
- stacking and displaying goods for sale, and wrapping and packing goods sold
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this minor group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Certificate I, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In New Zealand:
NZQF Level 2 or 3 qualification, or at least one year of relevant experience (ANZSCO Skill Level 4); or
NZQF Level 1 qualification, or compulsory secondary education (ANZSCO Skill Level 5)
In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification. In the case of some Skill Level 5 occupations, a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification, or no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 621411 Pharmacy Sales Assistant
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Pharmacy Sales Assistant – ANZSCO 621411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!