Edits and adjusts digital images, develops photographic film, and prints photographic images from digital media, negatives and positives using computer software, fully automatic equipment and by separate processes.
- Skill Level
- Copy Camera Operator
- Dark Room Attendant
- Digital Photographic Printer
- Film Process Operator
- Minilab Operator
- Photographic Enlarger Operator
- Silver Recovery Operator (Aus)
- Slide Developer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 7114 Photographic Developers and Printers
edit and adjust digital images, develop photographic film, and print photographic images from digital media, negatives and positives using computer software, fully automatic equipment and by separate processes.
- cropping images and adjusting colour, brightness and contrast
- preparing exposed film for different processing batches in dark rooms and dark chambers
- adjusting settings and running automatic developing equipment
- inspecting prints and adjusting settings on print-making equipment to produce required number, size and type of prints
- scanning images onto electronic media
- checking and replenishing chemicals and water supply for chemical and water baths required to produce negative and positive prints
- monitoring and testing photographic processing and printing equipment, and maintaining operational standards
- may prepare chemical solutions for different techniques and effects
- may develop black and white images by separate processes and operate enlargers
- may develop motion picture film
- Skill Level
At least one year of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 711411 Photographic Developer and Printer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Photographic Developer and Printer – ANZSCO 711411?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!