Maintains public order, and enforces laws by investigating crimes, patrolling public areas and arresting suspected offenders.
- Skill Level
- Bomb Squad Officer
- Mounted Police Officer
- Search and Rescue Officer
- Tactical Response Group Officer
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 4413 Police
protect and preserve property, public order and safety through the enforcement of laws.
- investigating and prosecuting offences committed in areas such as organised, corporate and computer crime, environmental offences, drug trafficking, fraud, counterfeiting and terrorism
- securing and examining scenes of crimes and accidents to locate and obtain evidence for analysis
- protecting witnesses and investigating official corruption
- maintaining public order and safety
- patrolling assigned areas to minimise potential for public disturbance and crime
- investigating accidents, crimes, minor offences and citizens’ complaints, gathering evidence, and pursuing, arresting and interviewing suspected offenders
- testing persons suspected of driving under the influence of alcohol and drugs and issuing infringement notices for traffic offences
- directing and re-routing traffic at congested areas
- attending community meetings and answering inquiries from the public where necessary
- providing advice and assistance to victims of crime and their families
- maintaining records and preparing reports
- Skill Level
Most occupations in this unit group have a level of skill commensurate with the qualifications and experience outlined below.
AQF Associate Degree, Advanced Diploma or Diploma (ANZSCO Skill Level 2)
At least three years of relevant experience may substitute for the formal qualifications listed above. In some instances relevant experience and/or on-the-job training may be required in addition to the formal qualification.
- Occupations in this Group
- 441311 Detective
- 441312 Police Officer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Police Officer – ANZSCO 441312?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!