Delivers mail on foot, by bicycle or by motorised transport over allocated delivery rounds.
- Skill Level
- Alternative Titles
- Skills Assessment Authority
- No caveats apply to this occupation.
Group: 5612 Couriers and Postal Deliverers
deliver small items such as documents, messages, mail and parcels.
- sorting and sequencing items for delivery
- delivering mail, parcels, documents and other items to customers’ premises and mailboxes
- receiving orders for deliveries from customers
- collecting signatures and charges for cash-on-delivery orders
- issuing and collecting receipts for pick-up and delivery items
- keeping records of items received and delivered
- maintaining walk books, directories, mail counts, equipment maintenance logs and other delivery records
- loading and unloading mail conveyances and internal mail handling equipment
- assisting with receipting inward mail, checking wrongly addressed, missorted, undelivered and redirected mail, and processing freepost and underpaid mail
- Skill Level
For some occupations a short period of on-the-job training may be required in addition to or instead of the formal qualification. In some instances no formal qualification or on-the-job training may be required.
- Occupations in this Group
- 561211 Courier
- 561212 Postal Delivery Officer
Looking to apply for an Australia Visa under the occupation of Postal Delivery Officer – ANZSCO 561212?
We’d love to hear from you. Let us know about your journey so far in our comments below!